Hurricane, Utah Welcome to Hurricane: Home to Adventure
WELCOME TO HURRICANE
Just a short drive from Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, and Horse Shoe Bend, Hurricane lies in a hot spot for thrilling opportunities. Embark on stimulating ventures, like canyoneering, backpacking, hiking, rock climbing, boating, and even whitewater rapids and kayaking.
Located in the heart of adventure, Hurricane resides among mountains, reservoirs, and endless trail systems. Discover spirited times at Sand Hollow State Park, where boating, camping, fishing and hammocking on the shore are essentially requirements for entry. Even choose to rent paddle boards, kayaks, and ATV equipment for a more thrilling experience.
Characterized by its sprawling farm land and easy living, Hurricane earned its alias in 1869 after a burst of wind blew the top off of Erastus Snow’s buggy, to which he exlaimed, “Well, that was a hurricane. We’ll name this Hurricane Hill.” Originally, the town was established to grow cotton and soon introduced other agricultural goods, like peach and pecan orchards, which are still prevalent today.
For a night out, hit the town and explore the charming shops, like the Book Arbor and the Gypsy Emporium Antique Mall. For a hearty meal, try hometown favorites at the Main Street Cafe, the Prospector’s Place, or Lupita’s Mexican Food.
Things to do in Hurricane, Utah
- Lonny Boy’s BBQ – $$ | BBQ | Rustic-modern BBQ restaurant dishing up pulled pork, brisket, ribs, & smoked chicken
- Tripple J’s Cafe – $$ | Family Restaurant | Casual, family-owned and operated dining with American classics, plus beer & wine
- Main Street Cafe – $$ | Cafe | Cozy, vibrant cafe offering a wide variety of vegan-friendly and casual American dishes under a shaded patio
- Muddy Bees Bakery – $ | Bakery | Hometown-style bakery offering home-made breads and sweets and double as licensed bee-keepers with local, flower-fed, non-medicated honey available for sale.
- Perks! – $ | Drive up Coffee | Small, drive-up style coffee cart offering quality brews, lattes, teas & smoothies
- Mercantile Antiques, Gifts & Consignment – small-town consignment shop packed with retro finds and authentic goods.
- Sand Hollow State Park – a medium-sized reservoir known for cliff diving and surrounded by beautiful views
- Quail Creek State Park – a small reservoir with beach-side camping and paddle board rentals.